At Path of Life, we take great pride in providing the finest chiropractic health care to our patients, and tailoring our care to your unique needs. Below is a sampling of the different chiropractic services we offer in our Nashua office.
Our comprehensive spinal assessment will allow us to determine if and where your spine has structural or functional issues that may be impacting the function of your nervous system. All assessments are performed and analyzed directly by Dr. Amy, and your results will be shared with you in a clear and concise report. The following methods may be used to assess the health of your spine and nervous system:
- Insight® paraspinal thermography and surface EMG, which is the only technology of its kind to be registered with the FDA as a Class II medical device. This sensitive, non-invasive testing allows us to detect areas of the spine that show measurable nerve and muscle imbalance.
- Pulse Wave Profile ® Heart Rate Variability (HRV) assessment, which measures the change in the time intervals between consecutive heartbeats, is directly related to the body's capacity to sense and respond to its environment. HRV is an up-and-coming method that is becoming recognized by many healthcare disciplines as an important indicator of overall health, adaptability, and resilience.
- Digital Weightbearing Structural Radiography, which provides the clearest X-rays of your spine to ensure the safety and appropriateness of care, and gives us vital information about your unique structure and how it relates to gravity.
- SWAY Balance TM and reaction-time testing measures your body's static postural stability and postural feedback system. SWAY testing is based on the BESS (Balance Error Scoring System) test, which is used to assess and predict athletic performance.
- Hands-on chiropractic assessment of the spine using multiple analysis techniques to gain the clearest readout from your body about areas of compromise and about the degree of severity of your problem.
If we determine that you are a candidate for our care, we will schedule an appointment for you to return for a Chiropractic Adjustment, which is the cornerstone of our Corrective Care program.
Corrective Chiropractic Care
We provide spinal corrective adjustments using the most advanced chiropractic techniques available. Dr. Amy draws from several different safe, comfortable, and effective chiropractic adjusting techniques (including Gonstead Technique, Thompson Technique, Activator® Technique, Toggle Technique, and Craniosacral as well as Sacro-Occipital Technique) to determine the best method of adjustment for your unique problem. Further, Dr. Amy regularly attends continuing education seminars on the art, philosophy, and science of chiropractic care, in order to be able to offer you the most up-to-date information. Using the insights gained during your thorough spinal assessment at Path of Life, Dr. Amy will utilize the specific chiropractic adjustments and techniques that will work best for your unique situation, and will help you to achieve the results you need in your life, for your health.
In order to achieve true correction of spinal subluxation, our corrective care patients are assigned simple yet powerful spinal exercises. These exercises strengthen and stabilize areas of deficit, and allow the spine to maintain chiropractic adjustments so as to create real change. Eliminating these deficits with appropriate stretching and strengthening of specific muscle groups is an important part of your chiropractic care program that can be performed in the comfort of your own home, and will improve the effectiveness of your spinal corrective care.
One of our main goals is to enable you to get back to doing what you love to do. We often find it helpful to "coach" our patients on certain activities they should avoid or do differently to not aggravate their particular health challenge; our goal is to help every patient achieve a fulfilling and happy lifestyle full of the activities they enjoy most. We recognize that each our patients is a whole person, and that helping them reach true health and wellness and a higher level of function is a collaborative effort between us and and our patients.
We provide specific recommendations on healthy food choices and nutritional supplements to enhance our patient's return to optimal health. Do you know which supplements and vitamins are good for you? Do you know how these supplements and vitamins interact with one another? Do you know how to get the most benefit out of the food that you take into your body? Dr. Amy approaches nutritional counseling from both a biochemical and a holistic perspective, and works to help you to find what's right for your body.
Massage therapy offers a natural conservative treatment approach that augments the body's ability to adapt to, accept, and hold the chiropractic adjustment. Path of Life offers on-site access to massage therapy that is tailored to complement a patient's spinal corrective program. The additional benefits of massage therapy may include increased blood circulation, reduced swelling, relaxed muscles, relieved muscle pain and spasms, and improved range of motion. In many cases, the synergy of corrective chiropractic care and massage therapy enables our patients to achieve better results for their health than with either technique as a stand-alone. We encourage you to discuss with Dr. Amy whether this cooperative approach may help you to get the results that will allow you to take your function to the next level.
PATH OF LIFE CHIROPRACTIC HEALTH CENTER * 25 MERRIT PARKWAY UNIT 4 * NASHUA NH * 603.886.8300